If you’re playing Breath of Fire 3 (BoF3), you’re going to want the best equipment for Peco. All the best weapons, armor and accessories become available by the final dungeon, so with a little bit of elbow grease, you shouldn’t have too much difficulty acquiring these.
You probably already know this, but Peco is stupidly overpowered, especially since you get him at level 1 and you can train him under Fahl from the very beginning. In attack formation, he becomes a one-man wrecking crew. So you’re definitely going to want to gear him up. His equipment options are pretty terrible, but they’re good enough to break the game.
Shield: Aries Gloves
Helmet: Tiger’s Cap
Armor: Amber Breastplate
Accessory 1: Ivory Charm
Accessory 2: Ivory Charm
- The Dragonfang gauntlets are not too difficult to obtain. They’re annoyingly a rare drop, like many of the best pieces of equipment in BoF3, but at least the monsters they come from are super common and come in groups. The Dragonfang drops from Red Drakes and Ice Drakes in the laboratory section of Myria Station where you fight the Chimera.
- It should be noted that Peco’s 2nd best weapon, Deathclaws, are found as a special item in the Desert of Death. The way you get to these is to start at the Oasis and go West for 7 nights. I’m not sure why you’d want them, but you might.
- Aries Gloves are a common steal from the Berzerkr in the Container Yard. It’s the best shield for every character so you’re going to want 6 of them.
- Tiger’s Cap technically has less defense than Peco’s other option for this slot (UV Glasses), but it’s only 1 less defense and Tiger’s Cap raises attack by 5. It’s almost certainly the better option. Tiger’s Cap is purchased from the Faerie Village Weapon Shop (Ability).
- Amber Breastplate is a pretty mediocre armor, but it’s the best thing Peco can equip. You also get this from the Faerie Village Weapon Shop (Ability).
- Ivory Charms increase resistance to status effects and elemental magic by 50% and they stack. They’re relatively difficult to acquire. You have to win them from a distant expedition. I recommend save scumming in order to acquire these. Save before you visit the village to make sure your best faeries aren’t dead, then save at the village inn before you talk to the faeries. If they found something, it’ll randomize on reset. However, if they didn’t find anything, that’s locked in when you enter the village.
With any rare equipment, especially accessories, you can use the Faerie Village Copy Shop to create duplicates. When it comes to accessories, although Spirit Rings and Ivory Charms are hands down the best, you may find a use for Thunder/Ice/Fire rings, stat boosters and Soul Gems. It’s up to your personal preference.
That about does it for the best equipment for Peco in Breath of Fire 3 (BoF3). Be sure to check out the Games Section for more content like this, and click here for more game guides for Breath of Fire 3.