If you’re playing Breath of Fire 3 (BoF3), you’re going to want the best Breath of Fire 3 Ryu equipment. All the best weapons, armor and accessories become available by the final dungeon, so with a little bit of elbow grease, you shouldn’t have too much difficulty acquiring these.
Ryu – Breath of Fire 3 Ryu Equipment
When it comes to the best Breath of Fire 3 Ryu equipment, you have a couple of options, depending on how much work you’re willing to put in and which type of Breath of Fire 3 Ryu you decided to build.
Weapon: Goo King Sword/Royal Sword
Shield: Aries Gloves
Helmet: Dragon Helm
Armor: Life Armor
Accessory 1: Spirit Ring
Accessory 2: Ivory Charm
In terms of Breath of Fire 3 Ryu equipment, Goo King Sword is definitively the best weapon Ryu has available, but it’s such an incredibly rare drop that most people give up long before they ever get it.
Best Breath of Fire 3 Ryu Equipment Locations:
- Goo King Sword is a rare drop from Goo Kings in Myria Station. The earliest you can encounter these is in the room overrun by nature before Eden. You have to steal an apple from the Goo Kings in order to make them angry, and then defeat them. The skill charm will help with the drop rate, but you’ll still be killing Goo Kings for quite a long time. If you’re playing on an emulator you can cheese the RNG with save states.
- The alternative best Breath of Fire 3 Ryu weapon, Royal Sword, is available in the Desert of Death, but it’s much easier and more satisfying to get it via fishing, where it can be purchased from Manillo near Kombinat for a Whale, 3 Spearfish and a Barandy. Whales can be caught near Kombinat and Spearfish can be caught by Junk Town. Both require a Deep Diver and the Spanner/Angling Rod (much easier with the Spanner). Barandy can be caught by the Northern Checkpoint using Frog type lures.
- Life Armor is found basically the same way as Royal Sword. You can get them both in one go in the Desert of Death by following these steps: Walk North 2 nights, then West until you get the Life Armor. Immediately after leaving the Life Armor screen, head North until the night is over. Then turn 3 times to the right (one turn past Northeast), and walk in that direction for 2 nights. Finally, walk north for 1 night to encounter the Royal Sword. Once again it’s much easier to acquire via fishing, which you can do buy purchasing it from Manillo neat Kombinat for 1 Whale, 1 Spearfish and 3 Barandy.
- Aries Gloves are stolen from the Berzerkr in the Container Yard. They are the best shield for every character, so you’re going to want 6 of them.
- The Dragon Helm is found in Myria Station below where the boss battle with the Chimera takes place. You need Rei in your party to open a locked door, and behind it you’ll find the Dragon Helm, among other things.
- There are numerous ways to acquire a Spirit Ring, all from the Faerie Village. You will get it as a gift from the gift shop if you can wait 500 battles before returning. You can win it from the numbers guessing game if you guess right on the first try. Finally, you can get it from a distant expedition.
- Ivory Charm is slightly harder to acquire. You have to win it from a distant expedition. I recommend save scumming in order to acquire these. Save before you visit the village to make sure your best faeries aren’t dead, then save at the village inn before you talk to the faeries. If they found something, it’ll randomize on reset. However, if they didn’t find anything, that’s locked in when you enter the village.
With any rare equipment, especially accessories, you can use the Faerie Village Copy Shop to create duplicates. When it comes to accessories, although Spirit Rings and Ivory Charms are hands down the best, you may find a use for Thunder/Ice/Fire rings, stat boosters and Soul Gems. It’s up to your personal preference.