This Breath of Fire 3 Rei Equipment Guide will teach players where to find all the best equipment for Rei in Breath of Fire 3.
If you’re playing Breath of Fire 3 (BoF3), you’re going to want the best Breath of Fire 3 Rei equipment. All the best weapons, armor and accessories become available by the final dungeon, so with a little bit of elbow grease, you shouldn’t have too much difficulty acquiring these.
Table of Contents
Rei – Breath of Fire 3 Rei Equipment
In Breath of Fire 3 Rei is generally considered to be one of the strongest characters due to his exceptional speed, weretiger form and high offense. The best Breath of Fire 3 Rei equipment is generally pretty easy to acquire with a few notable exceptions.
Weapon: Holy Avenger
Shield: Aries Gloves
Helmet: Divine Helm
Armor: Burglar Garb/Mist Armor
Accessory 1: Ivory Charm
Accessory 2: Ivory Charm
Best Breath of Fire 3 Rei Equipment Locations
- The Holy Avenger dagger is found as a reward for defeating the Arch Mage in the Container Yard. That’s a whole separate guide, as the Arch Mage can pretty much murder your party in one hit and fully regenerates his health every round, but in general what you need to do is equip Thunder Rings to everybody, use chain formation with Rei or Nina to get EX turns for everyone, and then have Ryu go into Myrmidon/Kaiser and focus x3 then Aura/Shadowwalk.
- Aries Gloves are stolen from the Berzerkr in the Container Yard. They’re the best shield for everyone, so you’ll want 6 of them.
- Divine Helm is dropped by two enemies: Gold Eggs in the Factory, and Wraiths in the Eden section of Myria Station. Wraiths have a much better drop rate, but are annoying to fight. If you’re playing on an emulator, I recommend abusing save states. Once you get one, you can use the Faerie Village Copy Shop to duplicate it.
- Many people use Mist Armor on Rei as a best in slot, which is fine (it’s a rare drop from Mist Man; you have to kill them before their armor breaks). However, Burglar Garb, with just a bit lower defense has 0 weight, raises agility by 5 and can only be equipped by Rei, so I tend to think it’s the best armor for him. Burglar Garb is a rare drop from Nitemares in the earlier parts of Myria Station, or a rare steal from Vampires in the later parts of Myria Station.
- Ivory Charms increase resistance to status effects and elemental magic by 50% and they stack. They’re relatively difficult to acquire. You have to win them from a distant expedition. I recommend save scumming in order to acquire these. Save before you visit the village to make sure your best faeries aren’t dead, then save at the village inn before you talk to the faeries. If they found something, it’ll randomize on reset. However, if they didn’t find anything, that’s locked in when you enter the village.
With any rare equipment, especially accessories, you can use the Faerie Village Copy Shop to create duplicates. When it comes to accessories, although Spirit Rings and Ivory Charms are hands down the best, you may find a use for Thunder/Ice/Fire rings, stat boosters and Soul Gems. It’s up to your personal preference.
In Breath of Fire 3 Rei is generally considered to be a very strong character so it’s well worth the effort to collect all of the best Breath of Fire 3 Rei equipment you can get your hands on.