This Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills Guide will teach you all about the special skills each character can learn in Persona 4 Golden by taking them on a bike ride.
If you’re playing Persona 4 Golden, now available on Steam, you’ll probably be working hard trying to perfect the skill builds for each of your characters. One thing you may or may not be aware of is that each party member in Persona 4 Golden is capable of learning 5 hidden skills by taking them on bike rides during the afternoon in the shopping district.
- Related Posts:
Full Persona 4 Golden Skill Cards Guide
When Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills Become Available
The bike skills in Persona 4 Golden become available starting on August 26th. From that point forward, on most days, when you visit the Central Shopping District, one of your party members will be hanging out by the gas station.
If you talk to these party members when they’re available, you’ll be able to take them on a bike ride.
Here are the dates each party member is available to go on a bike ride, if you want to plan ahead:
Skill Calendar – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
|Month||Day||Day of Week||Character|
One thing to keep in mind when you look at this calendar is that Naoto is only available 5 times, so if you want to learn all 5 of Naoto’s bike skills, you need to take Naoto on a bike ride every single time she’s available.
Skill List – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
Each character learns 5 different skills when you take them on a bike ride. Some are more useful than others, so we’ll discuss after each skill list which of these Persona 4 Golden bike skills are actually worth taking the time to pick up. But for now, here’s the raw list for each character.
Yosuke – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
- Confuse Boost: Increases the chance of inflicting confusion
- Megido: Deals minor Almighty damage to all enemies
- Green Wall: Increases Wind Resistance
- Makara Break: Dispels Makarakarn from all enemies
- Diarahan: Fully heals one party member
These skills are all 100% useless. Don’t bother taking Yosuke on bike rides, ever. The only one even possibly worth making an argument for is Diarahan, and Yosuke’s 3rd tier Persona Skill is a much better healing skill that heals the entire party while giving a Hit/Dodge buff to everyone.
Chie – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
- Hama: Low chance of instant death on one enemy (Light)
- Mind Slice: Medium physical damage to all enemies with a chance of inflicting Confusion
- Hamaon: Medium chance of instant death on one enemy (Light)
- Tetra Break: Dispels Tetrakarn from all enemies
- Bufudyne: Heavy Ice Damage on one enemy
Bufudyne is worth learning on Chie if you can fight 5 bike rides with Chie into your schedule. Bufudyne is her best ice spell and this is the only way to get it. If you’re trying to make the perfect Chie build, it’s not going to be complete without Bufudyne. That said, everything else is useless.
Yukiko – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
- Valiant Dance: Chance of enraging all enemies
- Marakunda: Decreases all enemies’ defense for 3 turns
- Red Wall: Increases Fire Resistance
- Spirit Drain: Drains 30 SP from an enemy
- Mind Charge: Next spell deals 2.5x damage
Mind Charge is the real winner here and it’s well worth taking Yukiko on 5 bike rides in order to get it. You could also make a case that Marakunda is a worthwhile investment, since Yukiko has some optional skill slots in her build and Marakunda is a very useful support skill to have on any character. Everything else is not worth keeping.
Kanji – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
- Media: Minor healing to all allies
- Atom Smasher: Medium physical damage to all enemies with a chance of inflicting Fear
- Blue Wall: Increases Electric Resistance
- Fast Heal: Ailments last half as long
- Mediarama: Medium healing to all allies
You could make a case that getting Mediarama opens up a backup healing role for Kanji, increasing his versatility. It’s not particularly useful in practice, in my opinion. Fast Heal might be worth grabbing but, again, it’s debatable.
Teddie – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
- Dekunda: Cancels stat debuffs for party members
- Life Drain: Drains 30 HP from an enemy
- Mustard Bomb: Deals medium physical damage to all enemies with a chance of inflicting Enervation
- White Wall: Increases Ice Resistance
- Evade Physical: Triples physical evasion
Evade Physical might be worthwhile if you really, really have time to spare in your schedule to take Teddie on 5 bike rides. Teddie’s skillset is pretty tight as it is, so it’s probably not worth the time, but Evade Physical is a decently useful skill. Nothing else on Teddie’s list even comes close to being worthwhile.
Naoto – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
- Bufudyne: Heavy ice damage to one enemy
- Ziodyne: Heavy electric damage to one enemy
- Tetraja: Protects an ally from instance death once
- Myriad Arrows: Inflicts heavy physical damage to all enemies 1-3 times
- Angelic Grace: Doubles evasion against magic attacks
Naoto probably gets the best selection of bike skills overall. Bufudyne and Ziodyne complete her ability to target any enemy weakness, which makes Naoto the most versatile party member for defeating regular enemies.
Angelic Grace is a great skill, although it’s questionable whether you’d be able to find any room in Naoto’s skillset for it. Same thing with Myriad Arrows: it’s a good skill, but it’s unlikely you’re going to want to delete another one of Naoto’s skills to make room for it.
Typically with Naoto, you want to pick up Bufudyne and Ziodyne and then you’re good to go.
Rise – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
Rise is different from the other characters and is probably one of the most deserving of being taken on the maximum amount of bike rides.
Every time you take Rise on a bike ride, up to 5 times, the bonus damage she provides for your all-out attack increases. The damage increase is substantial and if you have time in your schedule, you’re definitely going to want to optimize Rise’s damage potential.
Conclusion – Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills
The best Persona 4 Golden Bike Skills to pick up are Bufudyne and Ziodyne on Naoto, Mind Charge on Yukiko and Bufudyne on Chie. Outside of that, the vast majority of Bike Skills are not worth your time.
That about covers it when it comes to the Persona 4 Bike Skills Guide. Be sure to check out the Games Section and the Main Page for more game guides, and click here for more content related to Persona 4 Golden.