This Dragon Quest 11 Hero Build & Equipment Guide will teach you how to maximize the potential of the Luminary in Dragon Quest 11 so you can dominate the game.
If you’re playing Dragon Quest 11 you’re going to want to know what the Hero’s best skills are and also where to find all his best equipment. This Dragon Quest 11 Hero Build & Equipment Guide will teach you just that. I’ll tell you what skills are best to invest in from beginning to end as well as how to get all the Hero’s best equipment.
- Related Content:
Best Dragon Quest 11 Characters TIER LIST
Dragon Quest 11 Best Weapon Type for Each Character
Skills – Dragon Quest 11 Hero Guide
The Hero aka the Luminary has 4 skill trees to invest points into: Swords, Greatswords, Luminary, and Swordmastery. Of these, Greatswords and Swordmastery are hands down the best trees to invest in.
Even if you’re going to dual wield swords, the Swords tree is of questionable worth. Sword skills are very bad and the whole tree only gives a handful of attack bonus nodes (+19 attack power vs +30 attack power and +25 strength in Greatswords).
Greatsword Build – Dragon Quest 11 Hero
Greatswords are definitively better than swords throughout the entire game except when it comes to spamming Gigaslash to end random battles quickly, so I’d recommend you go down the Greatsword path and simply unlock every node.
The locked node in the middle of Swordmastery (Sword Dance) is only a modest upgrade over Unbridled Blade, so there’s not too much rush to get it. You’re probably better off grabbing the stat upgrades in the Luminary tree (after it gets expanded) once you’ve grabbed the Strength +25 node.
Swords Build – Dragon Quest 11 Hero
However, if you are going to go swords, what I’d recommend you do is head to the top of the tree where it transitions to Swordmastery, grab Falcon Slash, and reset your points in swords. Use your free points to do the same thing in the Greatsword path to snag Strength +25 and reset Greatswords, then dip back into the Swords tree to unlock Dual Wield.
Finally, grab Gigaslash and then start working down into the Greatsword tree from the Counter-attack node and unlock Sword Dance, which is a pretty significant upgrade over Falcon Slash.
Build Notes – Dragon Quest 11 Hero
Definitely go with your weapon build first. The Luminary tree not only doesn’t have enough skills to really make the Hero a strong character on his own, it disappears for a solid chunk of the game. However, once you’ve gotten the key skills you need from your weapon tree of choice (Unbridled Blade, Helichopter, Strength +25 for Greatswords/Dual Wield, Gigaslash, Sword Dance, Strength +25 for Swords), Luminary should be your next stop, because it’s full of useful spells and stat bonuses.
Best Equipment – Dragon Quest 11 Hero
- Weapon: Brilliant Blade +3
- Helmet: Erdwin’s Coronet +3
- Armor: Erdwin’s Tunic +3
- Accessory 1: Mighty Armlet +3
- Accessory 2: Mighty Armlet +3
Alternative Equipment Options: If you’re Dual Wielding, you can use the Supreme Sword of Light and Hypernova Sword. If you want to use a shield, use Erdwin’s Shield. If you prefer defensive accessories, use Catholicon Rings.
- Brilliant Blade: Complete the Wheel of Harma’s Final Trial in 30 Moves or Fewer
- Supreme Sword of Light: Crafted using the Supreme Sword of Light recipe received from Drustan’s Trial by wishing for a powerful weapon
- Hypernova Sword: Upgrade the evolutionary weapon Stardust Sword which is found in a chest in the Fortress of Fear
- Erdwin’s Shield: 100 mini medal stamp reward
- Erdwin’s Coronet: Found in a chest in the Luminary’s Trial
- Erdwin’s Tunic: Found in a chest in the Luminary’s Trial
- Mighty Armlet: Found in Heliodor Castle (Post-Game) or crafted via Brace Yourself which is found in The Battleground
- Catholicon Ring: Crafted via Kings of Rings which is found in a chest in the Disciple’s Trial – Cruel Crypt
That about covers it for the Dragon Quest 11 Hero Build & Equipment Guide. Be sure to check out the Game Guides section for more content like this, and click here for more content related to Dragon Quest 11.